Why Protective Market Defender II?
Consider this product for a client who:
- Wants to grow their assets, but is concerned about the impact of downturns
- Has a moderate to high-risk profile
- Splits their assets between riskier investment strategies like stocks, and safer strategies like fixed indexed annuities
Key product specs
- Issue ages are 0 – 85 (non-qualified), 18 – 85 (qualified)
- Opportunities for growth linked to the performance of the MSCI EAFE Index and S&P 500® Index
- A choice of protection features to limit the impact of loss: a -15% buffer and a floor strategy with 0%, -5%, -10%, -20% protection levels
Built-in waivers to help protect your income against unexpected life events
- Penalty-free withdrawals of 10% of the contract value
- Nursing facility confinement/terminal illness condition waiver that allows the withdrawal of all or a portion of the contract value
- Unemployment waiver that permits the withdrawal of all or a portion of the contract value with no withdrawal charge
Helpful resources on Protective Market Defender II
Other related products
Withdrawals reduce the annuity’s remaining death benefit, contract values, cash surrender and future earnings. Withdrawals may be subject to income tax and, if taken prior to age 59½ an additional 10% IRS tax penalty may apply. More frequent withdrawals may reduce earnings more than annual withdrawals.