A streamlined process from start to finish
- iGo, Affirm, Lifespeed
- IXN, ExpressComplete, Paperless Solutions Group
- Paper – mail, email, Paperclip, ExamOne
- TeleLife® EZ-Worksheet
- Agency Integrator
- Direct feeds
- TeleLife text message reminders
- Interviews by Protective employees
- Spanish language supported
- Voice and electronic signature capabilities
- Early APS ordering
- Accelerated underwriting
- Dedicated teams
- Electronic Policy Delivery
- Electronic signatures accepted
- Pending dashboard on myprotective.com
- Automated email updates
- Secure emails via Paperclip’s eM4, Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Just-in-time appointments
- Agent status lookup tool
- Electronic payments
- Online commission statements
- Commission feeds
Submitting life insurance business
Applications and administrative form packets are included in product sales kits and can be ordered separately.
- Instructions for completing each form
- New business checklists
- Detailed instructions for any additional required documentation
Life of an Application
Learn best practices and tips for submitting and placing your business with us. View
Applications & Illustrations Best Practices Learn more
Our underwriting philosophy is a competitive one. We know that underwriting is pivotal to your success with your clients. All our underwriters are highly experienced and will work hard to get you the best risk class for your cases.
We also offer a number of unique underwriting strategies and programs designed to make doing business with us easier and more user-friendly. Learn more
Applications that are missing information, have incorrect information or contain information that requires verification are removed from the normal underwriting workflow and placed in exception handling to expedite the resolution of these issues.
The most common items coming into exception handling pertain to:
- Replacement forms and/or replacement company information
- Conditional life receipt or temporary life receipt (CA and KS)
- NAIC illustrations (Not applicable for VUL business. Product availability varies by firm.)
- Money orders/cashier's checks submitted with the application
- SPVL with LTC rider – LTC certification is required (Product availability varies by firm.)
When submitting your applications, pay close attention to these items to ensure that your applications are processed quickly and accurately.
We recommend that premiums be submitted with the application.
To simplify your experience, please follow these guidelines regarding the acceptable forms of money during the New Business process.
We accept premiums with the application up to a face amount of $1,000,000, in-force and applied for, to include the Company and its affiliates.
Under the Conditional Life Receipt, premium should not be accepted if the client:
- Is under 15 days of age or over age 80
- Has been admitted to a hospital or other medical facility, been advised to be admitted, or had surgery performed or recommended within the past 90 days
- Has had treatment recommended, or has been treated within the past 2 years for: heart trouble, stroke, or cancer
- Has been rated or declined for insurance within the past 5 years
- Intends to leave the United States within the next 60 days
Important conditional life receipt notes:
- Explain to your client that the Conditional Life Receipt provides limited coverage under specific conditions
- Ensure that the Conditional Life Receipt is fully completed, and the applicant's copy is left with the applicant when money is collected
- If premium is received with the application and the applicant's copy of the Conditional Life Receipt is attached, a letter from the Home Office will be sent to the applicant enclosing their copy
- Postdated checks will not be accepted
If premium is received with the application which is outside the above listed guidelines, or the Conditional Life Receipt is not fully completed:
- We will communicate before the premium is returned, allowing you the opportunity to contact your client
- We will return the premium to the premium payor
Please refer to the Acceptable Forms of Money grid for Check Acceptance Guidelines (pdf).
Broker/Dealers: Call your Regional Representative or contact us.
Agents: Call your BGA
BGAs: Call your Regional Representative or contact us.
When a policy is issued on a COD basis:
- A letter is sent with the policy stating the requirements needed
- The file is held open for a period of 45 days
Files are held on a COD basis for items such as:
- Delivery receipt
- Good health statements
- (PAW) authorizations/voided checks
- Alternate policies
- Signed Illustrations
- Save Age Forms
- Other miscellaneous items not received prior to issuance of the policy
- Money orders, cashier's checks, official checks, etc. are not acceptable for premium payments
- Credit cards are not acceptable for VUL premium payments (product availability varies by firm)
- COD policies should only be delivered if there has been no change in health and insurability of the insured from that described on the application
- No future dating will be allowed for VUL business (product availability varies by firm)
The guidelines below are for producers who solicit business through the mail, radio, television, on-line computer services, or print media advertising such as newspapers and magazines:
- Always obtain prior Home Office written approval of all advertising material and plan of solicitation before commencing any sales activity
- Be sure appropriate non-resident licenses are obtained for all states where you plan to advertise and do business
- Business obtained without a face-to-face solicitation, regardless of age or face amount, requires a paramedical examination, urine specimen, and full blood profile
These can be arranged through one of our approved paramedical firms.