Help clients protect their hard-earned investments and achieve the security they deserve with a solution designed to both limit loss and offer market-linked growth potential. See how with our interactive calculator.
Why Protective Market Defender II?
Your clients who want both protection and growth potential can enjoy these benefits:
Check current rates
Be sure to confirm our current and future rates for available interest crediting strategies, which we set every two weeks. Rates may change without notice and, depending on market conditions, may be set more frequently.
Do a quick calculation
Use our interactive tool to see how Protective Market Defender II helps to limit loss and grow investments through different market scenarios.
How does a buffer protection strategy work?
Learn how buffers limit client loss from market drops while still helping to support clients' growth goals.
Get a quick profile of Protective Market Defender II and how it can fit into a client's retirement plan.
Consider this product for a client who:
- Wants to grow their assets, but is concerned about the impact of downturns
- Has a moderate to high-risk profile
- Splits their assets between riskier investment strategies like stocks, and safer strategies like fixed indexed annuities
Key product specs
- Issue ages are 0 – 85 (non-qualified), 18 – 85 (qualified)
- Opportunities for growth linked to the performance of the MSCI EAFE Index and S&P 500® Index
- A choice of protection features to limit the impact of loss: a -15% buffer and a floor strategy with 0%, -5%, -10%, -20% protection levels
Built-in waivers to help protect your income against unexpected life events
- Penalty-free withdrawals of 10% of the contract value
- Nursing facility confinement/terminal illness condition waiver that allows the withdrawal of all or a portion of the contract value
- Unemployment waiver that permits the withdrawal of all or a portion of the contract value with no withdrawal charge
Helpful resources on Protective Market Defender II
Need a deeper look into product features or resources to help you introduce this type of annuity to your clients? We’ve gathered some helpful resources for you.
Other related products
Protective%%®%% Variable Annuity II B Series for growth, income and legacy protection
Protective%%®%% Income Builder Indexed Annuity for income and growth
Protective%%®%% Income Creator fixed annuity provides lifetime income
We're here for you
Everyone deserves peace of mind when it comes to safeguarding what’s most important. We’re ready to help you deliver the protection and security your clients deserve. Reach out to us anytime for questions and support, and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Withdrawals reduce the annuity’s remaining death benefit, contract values, cash surrender and future earnings. Withdrawals may be subject to income tax and, if taken prior to age 59½ an additional 10% IRS tax penalty may apply. More frequent withdrawals may reduce earnings more than annual withdrawals.